tirsdag 22. januar 2008

Cameroon!

So here we are in Cameroon, currently at the Norwegian mission-centre. Our journey was long, passport control was an interesting experience (Norwegians are supposed to have a visa in advance, which we didn't have), our french is still close to non-existent, yet still here we are.

We are going to live in Dang, close to the university there, and 15-20 minutes of driving away from the norwegian mission-centre. We've seen where, and it looks very nice! We even get one appartment each, which is a major step up from sharing 6 square meters :)

What we are going to do is still a bit unclear, but at least to begin with we'll just get contacts and figure out where we can contribute. The language issue is tricky there, but it seems most people know at least a little english, and we'll learn a lot of french the next weeks.

I suspect the worst moment of my africa-trip is over now; splitting the team. Mari and Ane, I wish you good luck in Tanzania, and I'm most certainly going to miss you. See you at Hald though!

I've also got a new phone number, +237 792 90499, and the more the phone beeps the happier I get :)

Ingen kommentarer: