fredag 25. januar 2008

And a little update

As I wrote yesterday we have moved in at Dang. In the evening we invited Amos and Benjamin, two previous Hald-students who speak very good Norwegian over to our place. We then got to know that there are things underway for us, and some time during next week we'll meet up with them plus some others to sort out a schedule for us. Everyone who have any kind of responsibility for this seems quite eager about it, and we're very happy about that. We couldn't dream of a better welcome.
For a «pioneering» Focus-team (we're both the first Focus-team, and the first youths in connection to the missionary station to move in by the university) it's surprisingly little we have to do to get things rolling, at least the way it looks now.
Yesterday I promised some pictures, and here they come;

In Cameroon they carry everything on their head. Everything. It has happened twice that somebody take BOTH of my suitcases (= 35 kg) on their head. But also small things, like a box of butter, put it on your head. It's fascinating.While I'm talking about carrying things on the head, I took this picture in central Kampala. That's confidence!
Vegard in the train from Yaounde to Ngaoundere
My room
My bed
A quite bad picture of my kitchen
My bathroom before I washed it (yes, I did!)
My bathroom after I washed it

Although it's not a luxury appartment I think we'll have a good time here. After all, I've found oat flakes here.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

HGei du=)

Ser fantastisk bra ut den leiligheta dokka. hehe.

Vil onske deg lykke te med Kamerun oppholdet.

Ps: Husk a fa me deg noen afrika mesterskapet kampa. Ej heia litt pa Kamerun sa.