søndag 25. november 2007

Again I'm sorry about the lack of updates on this blog, but here goes.
Yes I'm still alive, yes I'm having a wonderful time. The rainseason seems to be coming to an end. While my parents back home report of 20 cm of snow, I can report back of sunlotion factor 20*.

I've decided to write about the elections in my assignment. It is a theme that everybody is talking about. I mean, just a couple of minutes ago I talked with the lifeguard at the swimmingpool, and after the usual "where are you from?"-talk, it was straight onto the elections. By the way, I send greetings from him to the previous Kenya team! The elections is also, naturally very important considering the future of Kenya, and the way it is conducted can tell us a lot about the culture and society. The only problem is that now that I've decided, I actually have to start working on it :(

I've also been thinking about what I'm going to do next year. One of the things I've learned so far is that money is definately not everything. It's not even important, as long as you have your basic needs covered. So, earning a lot of money is definately not one of my goals. So, not considering the money, what do I want to do? And I thought of music. I don't have any problems with being a completely broke musician, living in a cold cellar, as long as I have food on the table(or floor?) and somewhere to sleep. The problem is that the school I would like to attend in that case has it's auditions in March, and I'm still here in March. Another problem is that it's very difficult to get in there. But if that's the Lord want me to do, I trust that it'll work out. If it isn't, then I'll do something else.


*) Ok, factor 15, but 20 looked cooler in that sentence

4 kommentarer:

Amethyst Rain sa...

I think your theme topic is a very good one, really. If you follow the government there through the years, you do learn so much.
Now as far as your schooling goes, I know you absolutely love music!! I don't think that since you will most likely not make the March audition, that it is God's will. If it was, then maybe you could tell me why God would bestow such a awesome gift to you as music? From what I know about the God you speak of, he has always been a informing God. Meaning that through whatever means, his word is passed on, be it teachings, writeings or through song. So you miss the March audition, then you teach until the following March!!!! Music is such a powerful tool, I don't think this gift was given to you, just for you ;) No matter what you decide to do, I expect great things from you. This expierence in Kenya & the time you have to get to know yourself and really just think about life, is going to help you emensely in your future. You are very smart & a extremely grounded person who has good morals & beliefs. You will do well no matter what you choose to do.

Edson Munck Jr sa...

Hei, Tord!
I've red some of your posts here and it is very nice to know and also be challenged by your thoughts. May God bless you in every step in Kenya.

Per Oddvin Stornes sa...

Lykke til med oppgaveskriving og planene neste år! Er det Guds plan at du skal på den skolen, så fikser han det:p Det er noe jeg sitter igjen med etter året på Hald og i Uganda! Ønsker deg en fin adeventstid:)

Thiago sa...

It's good to have some news from you. I started to research about criminal system here and it will be my paper.
I was impressed how we reach the same standpoints, about money and future. About money, i saw, by the opposite way (living in a rich society), how it is superficial in our lifes. About the future I'll face the same troubles in Brazil, but God knows.
Now we have some good friends in common, The guys from Extol are really nice, and will be good if we'll have some time to talk with them when you'll come back in april.
All the best